|Guildford postcode area|
|Postcode area name||Guildford|
|Statistics as at February 2012|
The GU postcode area, also known as the Guildford postcode area, is a group of 38 postcode districts in England, which are subdivisions of 24 post towns. These postcode districts cover west Surrey, north-east Hampshire, parts of West Sussex and a small part of Berkshire.
The main sorting office is in Hounslow (Jubilee Mail Centre), and the area served includes the towns of Aldershot, Alton, Bagshot, Bordon, Camberley, Cranleigh, Farnborough, Farnham, Fleet, Godalming, Guildford, Haslemere, Hindhead, Lightwater, Liphook, Liss, Midhurst, Petersfield, Petworth, Sandhurst, Virginia Water, Windlesham, Woking and Yateley.
The original GU13 district for Fleet was recoded to GU51 and GU52 in 2001.
The approximate coverage of the postcode districts:
- "ONS Postcode Directory Version Notes" (ZIP). National Statistics Postcode Products. Office for National Statistics. February 2012. Table 2. Retrieved 21 April 2012. Coordinates from mean of unit postcode points, "Code-Point Open". OS OpenData. Ordnance Survey. February 2012. Retrieved 21 April 2012.
- Royal Mail, Address Management Guide, (2004)
- "Royal Mail Update 32". Beacon Dodsworth. Retrieved 24 November 2013.
- "Non Geographic Codes" (PDF). Royal Mail Address Management Unit. July 2012. Retrieved 20 December 2012.
- "New sectors and localities to 14 December 2012" (PDF). Royal Mail Address Management Unit. 20 December 2012. Retrieved 20 December 2012.